Exclusive to BOUNCE Fourways, Clip ‘n Climb is a first of it’s kind in South Africa.
This epic urban playground is designed to allow the easiest & most accessible way to experience the extreme world of rock climbing, but with safety and fun top priority. Whether you’re an experienced climber looking for a new challenge, or a first-timer keen to try something brand new, Clip ‘n Climb is the way to go!
Featuring more than 20 different levels of difficulty to allow for personal progression and creative expression, Clip ‘n Climb will have you smiling and having a great time, while giving a full-body workout as you navigate your way up the wall.
Ultimately, the aim is to get from the bottom of each wall to the top in the fastest and most awesome way possible!
- First developed and later introduced in New Zealand between 2004 & 2006.
- Inspired by a desire to expand on the core experience of BOUNCE – a brand new category of action entertainment that would revolutionise indoor climbing.
- Incorporates more than 20 different designs and climbing challenges with varying routes for beginners through to experts.
- Over 50 Clip ‘n Climb centres worldwide – delivering WOW experiences & healthy challenging fun.
- Clip ‘n Climb encompasses total-body exercise, requiring agility, co-ordination and work from all the muscles.
- The actions develop core strength, the impact builds stronger bones and the constant moving promotes cardiovascular endurance, leading to increased fitness and stamina.
- The health benefits of Clip ‘n Climb are not only limited to the body. Negotiating the obstacles exercises the brain, as each requires the practice of quick, instinctive decision-making. Subsequently, confidence, creativity and a positive attitude are acquired.
Clip ‘n Climb Safety Rules
- Minimum 125cm height required for all participants
- One participant per climbing wall at a time
- Only attempt obstacles within your skill level
- Lace-up sports shoes must be worn in the Clip ‘n Climb area. Ensure shoe laces are tied
- Watch out for other participants at all times to ensure safety
- Climber maximum weight is 150 kgs
- Climber must fit safely in a harness
- Climber must have harness checked before climbing
- Climber must attend Safety Briefing before climbing
- Climber must follow staff instructions at all times
- No flip-flops or open toe shoes
- No jewellery to be worn. Eyeglasses must be ‘secure’
- Long hair must be tied back
- No running, jumping or pushing in the climbing arena
BOUNCE has created the ultimate adrenaline playground! Each Clip ‘n Climb wall/theme requires a different skill, as well as agility, creating an active and thrilling experience full of fun and adrenaline for everyone.
A continuously transforming adventure, it is a physical and mental challenge for all ages starting from pre-school kids aged around 5 and up. Each attraction is equipped with TrueBlu™ automatic belay devices which take in the slack as you climb and then lower you gently and safely down to the ground.
The area incorporates more than 21 different climbing walls, comprising varying routes for beginner to advanced climbers. Participants will have their speed, agility, endurance, upper and lower body strength tested as they either freestyle their way up each wall, or race against the clock!
The minimum age to access the Clip ‘n Climb area is 3 years old. However, all participants must be able to fit into a safety harness.
If a 3 year old is too small to fit into a safety harness, the participant will unfortunately not be able to use the area. Some obstacles inside the Clip ‘n Climb area require a minimum height of 125cm tall. These obstacles require strength, speed and agility and may not be suitable for kids under the height of 125cm.
Yes. The Clip ‘n Climb ticket is a separate ticket allowing access only to this area and NOT to the trampoline area. Note: A combo ticket can be purchased to allow access to both Clip ‘n Climb & trampoline areas. Admission to the Clip ‘n Climb operates the same as all other areas at BOUNCE and has a defined capacity to ensure safety and a great experience for all customers. Please note that during busy times, there may be a wait.
Climbers must attend the Safety Briefing before climbing. The area is there to be explored in different ways. Whether you’re an experienced climber, or a first-timer, take your time and have a blast!
All climbers must fit safely into a harness, which must be worn for the duration of the time spent in the Clip ‘n Climb area.
Yes! Parties can be booked in two ways: you can book a Clip ‘n Climb party where party guests have access only to the Clip ‘n Climb area, followed by 30mins in a private party room where catering (pre-booked by you) will be enjoyed. You can also book a combo party, which includes 1 hour of Clip ‘n Climb, followed by 1 hour in the trampoline section of the venue. Once your two-hour combo session is complete, your guests head into a private party room for 30mins where catering (pre-booked by you) will be enjoyed.
Clip ‘n Climb can only be booked exclusively if you pay an exclusive hire fee.